Get Rid of Oily Skin: 5 Tips for Men Face Care | Article by: MenScience | Jan 27, 2016
For many men, oily skin is a big concern. Not only does it give your face a shiny, greasy look, but it also makes your skin more prone to clogged pores and acne breakouts. As we all know, clogged pores can lead to men’s acne and other skin problems that we don’t want. You can blame sebaceous glands for oily skin. These glands in your skin produce sebum, which help lubricate your skin. Too much of it, however, gives your face that unwanted shine.
Although a big factor in oily skin is genetics, there are other factors that are under your control. Use the following MenScience products and tips to fight off oily skin and maintain a clear complexion.
1. Avoid harsh soaps and cleansers. While soap and certain cleansers can help you dry your skin, they usually do too good of a job – to the point that your skin is excessively dry and flakey. To avoid this situation, use MenScience Daily Face Wash. Specifically designed for men, this men’s face wash will help you avoid a shiny look without stripping your skin of essential oils it needs.
2. Clear your pores with a men’s facial mask. Because oily skin is likelier to experience clogged pores, it’s important to deep clean your face to remove any impurities that could increase your risk. By using a men’s facial mask a few times a week, you’ll infuse your skin with antioxidants and absorb any excess oil that could block your pores.
3. Don’t wash your face more than once or twice a day. Too much face-washing can cause redness and tenderness, which in turn makes your skin produce more oil. Think of oil as your skin’s natural defense against irritation. So follow the instructions on your MenScience products and don’t overdo it.
4. Use moisturizer. If you have oily skin, don’t skip out on moisturizer. Contrary to popular belief, moisturizer does not affect oil production – moisture and oil are two different things. Keep your skin smooth with MenScience Advanced Face Lotion, which is formulated with skin-refining ingredients to renew and restore your complexion. Because the face lotion is ultra-light and oil-free, It leaves your face with a matte finish and no greasy residue!
5. Exfoliate regularly. Oily skin can benefit tremendously from exfoliation, the removal of dead skin cells from the top layer of your skin. Because dead cells can accumulate and clog pores, it’s crucial to use a men’s face scrub like MenScience Microfine Face Scrub that gently exfoliates your skin while also fighting off fine lines and ingrown hairs.